To specify the circumstances in which a product purchased by a wholesale customer may be accepted for return by the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) Cannabis Distribution Centre.
This policy applies to all cannabis products and accessories distributed by the Liquor Distribution Branch and purchased by its wholesale customers, including British Columbia Cannabis Stores (BCCS) retail locations, the BCCS online store, and private licensed cannabis retail stores.
Either of the following:
Having the same meaning as prescribed by Section 2 of the Cannabis Act.
All classes of non-medical cannabis listed in Schedule 4 of the Cannabis Act and distributed by the LDB.
A defect that cannot be discovered without opening the package of the retail selling unit.
A defect that can be discovered without opening the package of the retail selling unit.
A product having any of the following Visible or Concealed Defects:
Any Cannabis Product or Cannabis Accessory delivered in error to a wholesale customer.
Any Cannabis Product whose recall has been directed in accordance with the Product Recall Policy.
Any product meeting at least one of the following four product definitions:
Unless otherwise noted, includes both Cannabis Product and Cannabis Accessories which:
- All sales of any Cannabis Product or Cannabis Accessory by the LDB Cannabis Distribution Centre to any wholesale customer shall be considered final, except those defined as an Exempted Product by this policy.
- Returns of an Exempted Product must only be accepted from the original wholesale customer who purchased the items and credit will only be applied to the account of the original purchaser, in accordance with the following:
- Visible Defects and Aged Products must be reported by the wholesale customer to the Customer Care Center within 30 days of delivery to be eligible for return and credit.
- Mis-Shipped Products must be in a salable condition and be reported by the wholesale customer to the Customer Care Center within 30 days of delivery to be eligible for return and credit.
- Concealed Defects (other than Vape, Cartridge, and Battery products) must be reported by the wholesale customer to the Customer Care Center within 90 days of delivery to be eligible for return and credit.
- Concealed Defects of Vape, Cartridge, and Battery products must be reported by the wholesale customer to the Customer Care Center within 180 days of delivery to be eligible for return and credit.
- Defects in cannabis products and accessories discovered after more than 15 days of sale to the retail consumer are not eligible for credit from LDB Wholesale, regardless of the delivery date to the retail store. Questions regarding any product which is still within the applicable manufacturer’s warranty must be directed to the manufacturer.
- No cannabis seed shall be considered “defective” solely on the basis of unsuccessful cultivation or if the cultivation does not produce the desired gender of plant.
- The LDB reserves the right to exercise its judgement related to any areas not clearly defined within this policy and to make exceptions as required for extenuating circumstances.
- The process for requesting the return of an Exempted Product is as follows:
- The wholesale customer files a request to return with the Customer Care Centre (CCC) at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-833-420-2227;
- A representative from the CCC reviews the request and issues a Return of Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number for the particular product, provided it meets the definition of an Exempted Product;
- The CCC will arrange transport of the items to the LDB Cannabis Distribution Centre, and;
- Upon receipt, LDB Cannabis Distribution Centre staff will confirm the item meets the conditions of an Exempted Product and informs CCC that a credit may be issued, and CCC will advise the customer accordingly.