To specify the circumstances in which a product purchased by a wholesale customer may be accepted for return by the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) Cannabis Distribution Centre.
This policy applies to all cannabis products and accessories distributed by the Liquor Distribution Branch and purchased by its wholesale customers, including British Columbia Cannabis Stores (BCCS) retail locations, the BCCS online store, and private licensed cannabis retail stores.
Aged Product - Either of the following:
- A cannabis product or accessory which is shipped to a wholesale customer less than one (1) month before any “best before” or “expiry” date, or;
- A dried flower, pre-roll, edible, or beverage cannabis product delivered to a wholesale customer on a date that is at least 12 months after the packaging date specified on the label.
Cannabis Accessory - Having the same meaning as prescribed by Section 2 of the Cannabis Act.
Cannabis Product - All classes of non-medical cannabis listed in Schedule 4 of the Cannabis Act and registered for sale by the LDB.
Concealed Defect - A defect that cannot be discovered without opening the package of the retail selling unit.
Defective Product - A product having any of the following Visible or Concealed Defects:
- Products that cannot be consumed due to a technical issue or packaging issue, or;
- Products deemed not fit for use or consumption, for reasons including the presence of mould, fungus, or another foreign contaminant, or;
- Products deemed not fit for sale, for reasons including labelling errors, missing labels & stamps, and product damages.
Eligible Product - Any product meeting at least one of the following four product definitions:
- Defective Product
- Mis-Shipped Product;
- Recalled Product, or;
- Aged Product.
Mis-shipped Product - Any Cannabis Product or Cannabis Accessory delivered in error to a wholesale customer.
Non-Defective Product - Any product not meeting the definition of a Defective Product within this policy.
Recalled Product - Any Cannabis Product whose recall has been directed in accordance with the Product Recall Policy.
Salable Product - Unless otherwise noted, includes both Cannabis Product and Cannabis Accessories which:
- Have not passed any relevant (if any) expiry or best before date(s);
- Are in their original condition and retail selling unit, and unopened—with all original seals and labels intact (including the excise stamp, if applicable), and;
- Have no Visible Defects or tampering.
Visible Defect - A defect that can be discovered without opening the package of the retail selling unit.
- All sales of any Cannabis Product or Cannabis Accessory by the LDB Cannabis Distribution Centre to any wholesale customer shall be considered final, except those defined as an Eligible Product by this policy.
- Returns of an Eligible Product must only be accepted from the original wholesale customer who purchased the items and credit will only be applied to the account of the original purchaser, in accordance with the following:
- Visible Defects and Aged Products must be reported by the wholesale customer to the Customer Care Center within 30 days of delivery to be eligible for return and credit.
- Mis-Shipped Products must be in a salable condition and be reported by the wholesale customer to the Customer Care Center within 30 days of delivery to be eligible for return and credit.
- Concealed Defects (other than Vape, Cartridge, and Battery products) must be reported by the wholesale customer to the Customer Care Center within 90 days of delivery to be eligible for return and credit.
- Concealed Defects of Vape, Cartridge, and Battery products must be reported by the wholesale customer to the Customer Care Center within 180 days of delivery to be eligible for return and credit.
- Defects in cannabis products and accessories discovered after more than 15 days of sale to the retail consumer are not eligible for credit from LDB Wholesale, regardless of the delivery date to the retail store. Questions regarding any product which is still within the applicable manufacturer’s warranty must be directed to the manufacturer.
- No cannabis seed shall be considered “defective” solely on the basis of unsuccessful cultivation or if the cultivation does not produce the desired gender of plant.
- The LDB reserves the right to exercise its judgement related to any areas not clearly defined within this policy and to make exceptions as required for extenuating circumstances.
- The process for requesting the return of an Eligible Product is as follows:
Last updated on April, 2022