To summarize the circumstances in which a product purchased by a wholesale customer will be accepted for return at the Richmond Distribution Centre (RDC).
This policy applies to all wholesale product purchases by British Columbia Cannabis Stores (BCCS) (including its online store) and private cannabis retail stores.
A day, other than a Saturday or Sunday, on which the Province’s government offices are open for normal business in British Columbia.
Damage or defects that cannot be discovered without breaking an excise stamp or opening the retail selling unit seal.
Damage or defects that are visible without breaking an excise stamp or opening the retail selling unit seal.
Any product which is:
Not fit for use or consumption. In the case of cannabis, this could include any mould, fungus, or other foreign contaminant. This would include concealed defects that was not visible at the time of purchase, such as a manufacturing defect;
Short-dated at the time of distribution. Specifically, shipped to a wholesale customer less than one (1) month before any “best before” or expiry date and discovered by the wholesale customer within 10 business days of delivery, or;
Discovered with visible defects by the wholesale customer, within 10 business days of delivery.
Any cannabis product or accessory which was delivered in error to a wholesale customer.
The product must be in a salable condition and be reported by the wholesale customer to the Customer Care Center (CCC) within 10 business days of delivery, in order to qualify for return.
Any product whose recall has been ordered in accordance with the Product Recall policy.
One of three possible circumstances (Defective Product, Mis-Shipped Product, Recalled Product) where a wholesale purchase may not be considered final, and may qualify for return and purchase credit.
Unless otherwise noted, includes both cannabis and cannabis accessories which have not passed any relevant (if any) expiry date(s), are in original condition and packaging unit; unopened with any all original seals and labels intact (including the excise stamp, if applicable), and with no visible defects or tampering.
- All sales of cannabis product or accessories from the RDC to any wholesale customer shall, except in those circumstances defined and exempted by this policy, be considered final.
- The three exempted products are:
- Defective product (as defined above)
- Mis-shipped product (as defined above)
- Recalled product (where a recall has been authorized by the LDB in accordance with the Product Recall Policy )
- Returns of exempted products will only be accepted from the original purchaser.
- The process for requesting return of exempted products is as follows:
- The wholesale customer files a request to return with the Customer Care Centre (CCC) at email@example.com or by phone at 1-833-420-2227 (for private retailers) or 1-877-420-2227 (government stores)
- A representative from the CCC reviews the request and issues a Return of Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number for the particular product, provided it meets the definition of an “Exempted Product”;
- The CCC will arrange transport of the items to the RDC;
- Upon receipt, RDC staff will confirm the item meets the conditions specifying an “exempted product” and will inform CCC that a credit may be issued, and CCC will advise the customer accordingly.
- The Director, Cannabis Supply Chain, or their delegate, shall publish and implement, in accordance with the provisions of this policy, those associated procedures necessary to facilitate the effective administration of the provisions of this policy.
Product Recall Policy